The Hexapod Herald will be issued in Spring, Summer and Fall of each year. We ask that you share each issue with friends and neighbors, and anyone who is interested in UGA Entomology department.
Subscription is free and the preferred method is via email. Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our distribution list.
This issue covers December 2020 to April 2021
- Hinkle educates public about Brood X Cicadas, page 18
- UGA Faculty receive Friends of IPM Awards, page 16
- 2020 Publications listed, pages 7-14
- Bob Matthews gives book review, page 13
- Student scholarship awards and honors, page 3
- Dean Nick Place visits department, Snapshots, page 15
This issue covers September 2020 to November 2020
- Former graduate part of team that developed Covid-19 vaccine, page 14
- Sial awarded $5.4 Million NIFA Grant, Page 4
- Moore receives grant to support diversity initiatives, page 5
- PhD students publish papers, page 9
- Student highlights, pages 11-13
- Blubaugh joins UGA Entomology, page 1
This issue covers May 2020 to August 2020
- Brett Blaauw named to fruit growers 40 under 40, page 5
- Suiter featured on GA Farm Monitor TV show, page 4
- Acebes' work key to AgPest Monitor launch, page 6-7
- Field Snapshots, page 11
- Student Highlights, pages 8-10
- Black Fly Lab update, page 3
This issue covers January 2020 to April 2020
- Hawaiian Research Collaboration, page 17
- In-class Instruction Transitions to Online Platform, pages 1 and 3
- Faculty Publications, pages 8-15
- Gilliland receives 2020 Innovative and Interdisciplinary Research Grant, page 18
- Student Highlights, pages 4-7
- New Ento/Applied BioTech CAES Ambassadors named, page 18
- Meet Gabrielle Latora, page 3
This issue covers June 2019 to December 2019
- Michael Strand selected Pulliam Chair, page 3
- Graduate student receive Lund and Ross scholarship awards, page 15
- "Save the Honey Bee" car tags, page 8
- Student Highlights, pages 11-13
- Alumni News, page 14
- Faculty grants, page 4-5
- Elmer Gray wins staff award, page 7
- Georgia Outdoors films at Insect Zoo, page 9
- Trish Moore selected D.W. Brooks winner, page 1
This issue covers May 2019 to August 2019
- Bill Snyder Lab comes to UGA, page 3
- Coffman wins first Best Poster Award, page 6
- First Great Georgia Pollinator Census, page 4
- Student Highlights, pages 7-9
- Johnson wins Osmun Scholarship, page 6
- Student Research and Outreach Awards announced, page 11
- Sapelo Island survey, page 1 & 12
This issue covers December 2018 to April 2019
- Apicultural Society honors Jennifer Berry, page 3
- Ruby Harrison wins Broadus Browne Award, page 5
- MyIPM Smartphone APP on Forefront of Pest Management, page 18
- Burke and Sial receive large grants, page 1
- 2018 Faculty Publications, pages 10-16
- Roberts, Sial, Burke, Srinivasan win Faculty Awards, page 4
- Student HIghlights, pages 6-8
- Facebook LIVE with Elmer Gray and the Black Fly Lab, page 19
This issue covers August 2018 to November 2018
- Dan Suiter wins D.W. Brooks award, page 1
- Student Awards, pages 10-11
- Faculty Highlights, pages 1, 5
- Insectival, page 13
- ESA Vancouver, page 3
- New Class Life on Six Legs, page 15
- Student Spotlight, pages 7-9
- Staff Highlights, page 4
This issue covers April 2018 to July 2018
- Jena Johnson teaches at BugShot Alabama, page 11
- Moore chosen CTL Teaching Fellow, page 4
- Memorial planned for Adriano Giorgi, page 5
- Spring Commencement, page 10
- New Faces, page 3
- Student Outreach, page 8
- Morehead visits museum, page 5
- Student spotlight, page 6-7
This issue covers December 2017 to March 2018
- Faculty Retreat, page 1
- 2017 Publications, page 10-16
- New Faces, page 3
- TA-RAN-TULA 5K Run, page 18
- Undergraduate Student Spotlight, Hayley Schroeder, page 6
- Graduate Student Spotlight, Charlie Braman, page 7
- 2017 Fall Commencement, page 9
- IPM Field Day, page 19
- Faculty Highlight, Angelita Acebes, page 4
- Alumni Highlight, Jessie Kalina, page 5
This issue covers July 2017 to November 2017
- Alumni Spotlight: The Bug Lady of Wingate by Erika Scocco Niland, page 5
- Pollinator Census, page 11
- Faculty Highlight: Wayne Gardner, page 4
- Student Award Winners at National ESA meeting, page 10
- Forschler receives national recognition, page 15
- Undergraduate Student Spotlight: Abigail Grant, page 6
- Master’s Student Spotlight: Courtney Brissey, page 7
- PhD. Student Spotlight: Sam Arsenault, page 8
- UGA Collection of Arthropods receives donation, page 14
This issue covers March 2017 to June 2017.
- Alumni Highlight: A Path through the Forest by Jule-Lynne Macie, page 11.
- Faculty Highlight: Dr. Kevin J. Vogel, page 3.
- Faculty Highlight: Dr. Shimat V. Joseph, page 3.
- Faculty Notes, page 14 & 15.
- "Free to Bee: Inmates Learn" - Apiary Care through Georgia Master Beekeeper Program - page 5.
- Georgia Entomology Society News, page 8 & 9.
- Lund Week Awards page 12 & 13.
- Prestigious recognition - Dr. Michael Strand, page 1.
- Staff Highlight: Jennifer Berry, Lab Manager, page 7.
- Student Spotlight: Ben Gochnour, page 7.
- Student Spotlight: Jayce W. Brandt, page 10.
- Transitions: Arrivals & Departures, page 15.
This issue covers November 2016 to February 2017. In this issue...
- Name the newsletter contest and winner, page 1.
- Alumni News: UGA Entomology to the Smithsonian: One of many paths by Dr. Floyd W. Shockley, page 5.
- Serendipity by Robert W. Matthews, page 11.
- Faculty Highlight: Dr. Brett R. Blaauw, page 15.
- Staff Highlight: Nancy Jordan, 30 year achievement, page 7.
- Student Spotlight: Annie Rich, page 13.
- Student Spotlight: Thomas C. McElrath, page 14.